By definition an audience is the assembled spectators or listeners at a public event such as a play, film, concert, or meeting.
Facebook is considered a public platform and this specific public platform has many spectators, listeners and people that interact with this platform, socially, privately and business alike.
According to Facebook Audience targeting helps you show your ads to the people you care about. There are two general approaches you can take to creating a target audience: specific and broad. The approach you choose depends on what you’re trying to accomplish and what resources you have available.
- Targeting specifically – are relatively strict set of parameters to work within while finding the best people to show your ad to. Learn more about demographic targeting, or Custom or Lookalike Audiences.
- Targeting broadly – you’re mostly relying on our delivery system to find the best people to show your ad to. This approach can lead to us finding potential customers you never would’ve known about otherwise. It’s also a good approach if you’re not sure who you want to target.
However, we do not want to interact with everyone, we want to be specific, tailor made and to the point to maximize ROI and only deliver a message to selected group of people. In order to do this, we need to build and define our audiences. In Facebook we get the following different types of audiences.
- Custom Audiences from your website
- Custom Audiences from customer lists
- Engagement Custom Audiences
- Lookalike audiences
- Ad targeting
- Overlapping audiences
These various types of audiences allow us to target the right people who we believe will receive your message best.
At The Digital Ninja, we take our time developing the best Audience for our customer, thus making sure we spend the right amount of ad spend on the right audience. This increases the conversion rate of the leads generated and ultimately more sales for your business.
If you like us help grow your business, click HERE for a Free Audit.
The Digital Ninja